Re: Installation problem

Fred K Ollinger wrote:

>Please post:
>
>cat /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free

That's all there was to it, the last time I tried.

However, I also tried it using a combination of 3-4 other sources instead, including one in Germany, one in Estonia, and one in Lithuania.

In each case, everything uploaded except the specific ones, like ksirc, and cracklib. Nor is this the only time. I had been trying to install the downloaded SUSE, and everything downloaded except for cracklib, there too -- in that case, I got back a "forbidden" message too. I assumed that it was part of their business model, and decided, "well, I'll just install Debian instead, since I know Debian." But sure enough, I'm getting this "forbidden" message again. So now I'm wondering if this is part of the War on Terror, or just a really peculiar bug, or something else.

 - Michael