Re: Package epochs and broken upgrades

> > Perhaps I should just bite the bullet and put a 4: epoch on all of the
> > packages that are going into sid.  Though in general there have been so
>
> Yes, that is the best thing to do.

Yep, I'm going to do that.  After all, our users are our priority, etc
etc etc, and this will at least help reduce upgrade problems from the
3.0.x packages on ftp.kde.org.

Though in general I am *not* going to try to keep track of the mistakes
made by everyone who puts up their own unofficial package repositories and
then try to compensate for these mistakes in the official debs; this is just
insanity.

i.e., I am switching to epoch 4:, but I am *not* setting a precedent for
everyone to do what they want in their own repositories and assume that
the official maintainers will just deal with it. :)

Oh well, it was nice having unepoched KDE modules for a year and a half.
All good things must come to an end.

Ben.