Reason for mix of 3.1.3 and 3.1.4

Sid and testing have had a mix of KDE 3.1.3 and 3.1.4 for quite
awhile.  Originally I assumed this was a temporary result of the long
time it takes to completely rebuild KDE; then the build demons stopped
working because of the compromise.

However, the situation continues (I think the buildd are back), and I
wonder if anything else is behind the situation.  Can anyone explain
it?

Also, is there any harm in using the current mix if 3.1.3 and 3.1.4?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas if you celebrate it!