Can't delete entry in file type

When I right click a text file to get the context menu, I get the options to
open with->

I wanted to delete one of the kword entries. So I went and clicked Edit file

Here in the tab General I get only two entries under prefered application
order, namely Kate and KWord.
So I click the other tab (embedded? I am using the danish translation so I am
not exactly sure what it is called in english). In here I also have two
entries. The first is KWord and the second is the embedded viewer.

Now I try to delete the KWord entry here and it seems to work. However when I
right click the file again nothing has changed, I still get the same "Open
with" entries as above.

Here comes the biggest surprise. When I click Edit file type again and select
the second tab the KWord entry has reappeared!

What's going on here?

This email was generated using KMail from KDE 3.1.4 on Debian GNU/Linux