Re: KThemeStyle cache seems corrupt!

Problem narrowed down: the culprit is {kdelibs kdelibs-bin kdelibs-data kdelibs4} version 3.1.4-3.
Downgrading to 3.1.4-2 fixes the problem.

I'm having similar problems, opened synaptic to discover I have 3.1.4-3 installed, but how do i downgrade? I only know how to upgrade, I don't think synaptic has a downgrade option...

Hi,

I've been searching high and low on how to downgrade via apt or synaptic, the best i can figure is to download a copy of the 3.1.4-2 files, remove the 3.1.4-3 files, and install the downloaded ones, is this correct? Where would I download the old packages? Please help, kde is pretty upset over this, opening things like konquerer and the KDE file choosing interface (whatever its called, you know when you hit the browse button and you browse your computer for the file you're looking for?) cause my computer to become unresponsive, my mouse will sparraticly move around but the computer becomes unresponsive to the keyboard, including ctrl-alt-backspace.

And uh, sorry I'm such a noob. I've learned my lesson, I won't go upgrading from the unstable mirrors without researching and looking for bug reports in the future, especially with important files like the kdelibs.

Thanx for your help in advance,
David