Re: noatun is eating up very much cpu

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 12:33:56PM +0100, Wolfgang Mader wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am on a Celeron with 500 mhz running sid.  If i play mp3 files using noatun
> artsd need 15 % of cpu. Is that normal that one need such many cpu for
> decoding mp3 or is it a problem of arts or is my machine too slow?

I don't have an answer, but I do have a <aol>metoo</aol> :-)  Except
in my case, it's an Athlon 750Mhz at ~ 35% cpu usage, and a > 1.9 load
average.  artswrapper is suid, and arts is set to use real-time, but it
shouldn't make my mouse stutter to do it...  This has been happening
every since I retrograded from the cvs packages to standard sid, but as
I blew away my .kde, I'm pretty sure that's not the problem.

Ideas?

D.A.Bishop