Font oddity: Bold displays as condensed

Hi,

I run sid and I keep my machine updated frequently. Yes, I know, I must be crazy or something... anyway...

I use Nimbus Sans L (a type1 font) as my KDE UI font.

Recently I noticed that instead of the window titles displaying as bold, they're displaying as either condensed or bold-condensed; I'm not sure which. Either way, they shouldn't be condensed.

I tried downgrading fontconfig but this didn't do anything. So now I'm really not sure where to put the blame. I was wondering if anyone else had seen the same thing, and if so, does anyone have any suggestions on what package(s) I should downgrade to solve the problem?

BTW - I'm not subscribed to this mailing list so please email me directly.

Thanks very much.

-- graham