Re: Latest KDE for 3.0 r1

On Monday 27 October 2003 16:03, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
> Would it be best to leave it as it is or would it be better to switch
> to unstable before upgrading from KDE 2.2.2 to 3.xx ?  Also, which
> version of 3.xx should I use ?  I think there was an online FAQ for
> this at one time.  Does it still exist ?

The answer to your question really depends on why you are running stable.  If
you need absolute stability or do not want to deal with occasional transient
breakage (no occasional breakage?  how boring! ;-), you will not want to run
unstable.  However, if you have a hunger for the latest software, you will
have to balance this with a desire for stability and make your own choice.
(Personally, I prefer to run unstable with KDE 3.1.4.  Can you tell? =)

You should probably start by reading http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianKDE

(Note to the list admin(s): should we put the wiki URI in the list footer,
maybe?  It seems that that page and this list are strongly related, and both
fairly 'official'.)

Cheers,
nate

--