Re: KDE and root login
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: KDE and root login
- From: "Dieter Wilkens" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:36:19 +0100
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <Lfil.email@example.com> <LfBI.5XM.firstname.lastname@example.org>
thanks for the fast reply.
Just tried with gdmsetup but there is no "gdmsetup" on my system. Even with
search in apt I can't find a "gdmsetup"....
"Tim Müller" <email@example.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Monday 27 October 2003 12:47, Dieter Wilkens wrote:
> Hi Dieter,
> > Just installed debian 3.0 with X-Server. after a reboot the system comes
> > with the GNOME Desktop Manager and I try to chose 'KDE' as session and
> > wan't to login with my root account.
> > The GNOME Desktop Manager tells ma that root is not allowed to login
> > that screen. Does anyone know where to give root the right to login with
> > the GNOME Desktop Manager ?
> Run 'gdmsetup' (as root), go to the 'Security' tab and check the
> (X) 'Allow root to login with GDM'
> checkbox. That should be all you have to do.
> [Standard placeholder for the usual 'don't run X as root' remarks. Really,
> don't do it].
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact