Re: classic deficiancy in both windows and linux ?

On Friday 24 October 2003 10:57 am, Craig Dickson wrote:
> editor. This seems perfectly sensible to me; I've never understood why
> file managers don't provide this functionality.

Because it would be bloat. That would not be a very well used feature and
would only serve to inflate the size of the app.

Perhaps he doesn't like the columnular format ls uses by default. That is
annoying for a printout. Fortunately, there's "ls -1"