knode troubles

Hay all, I have been having a problem with knode. When I try to connect to a
news server I get an error message that says - ( unable to connect, Operation
in progress. ) -  Now Knews was working fine for about a year but quit
working a few weeks ago. My box is Woody with all the latest updates through
apt-get stable and apt-get security. I even tried other news servers to see
if that was the problem but that didn't work.

Thanks for the help
Jack