Re: UPDATE: relocation errors and accented character problems

On Thursday 09 October 2003 00:52, Chris Cheney shaped the electrons to
shout:
> Ok, I think we may have determined what the problem is.  Everyone who
> is having either of the problems please try adding quotes around the
> var for LD_BIND_NOW. If that works for you also check to see what the

If you refer to adding:

LD_BIND_NOW="true kdeinit +kcminit +knotify"

This is wrong, because without the quotes it assigns true to LD_BIND_NOW
and the execute kdeinit.

By adding the quotes you assign to full string to the variable.

That means that kdeinit isn't started there (and probably LD_BIND_NOW is
tested as "true"). But kdeinit is still started later on, so I wonder the
what's doing exactly that line there.

> following points to:
>
> ls -al /bin/sh
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            4 2003-09-18 17:12 /bin/sh ->
> bash
>
> I think not having the quotes is wrong but that bash doesn´t care(?).

I've all my machines linked to bash and still three of them fail, and one
with X4.2 works

> However, I do have at least one reported case where when /bin/sh points
> to dash it causes the problem. dash is posix shell which would very
> likely make the code fail. If this fixes the problem I will correct it
> in the next upload.

I think is related to a variable initialisation in startx|startkde, but is
not this one.

--
  ricardo galli       GPG id C8114D34
  http://mnm.uib.es/~gallir/