kdeinit error

I've set up a system with testing and then loaded X,kde,and koffice
apps from unstable.  It seems to work fine, but I get this error
when I login to a kde session.
in .xsession-errors:
startkde: Starting up...
kdeinit: relocation error: /usr/lib/libXcursor.so.1: undefined symbol: XRenderFindStandardFormat startkde: Could not start kdeinit. Check your installation. The apt-get commands I used are:
apt-get -t unstable install \
xserver-xfree86 xfonts-100dpi xfonts-75dpi xfonts-scalable kword \
koffice-doc-html kspread kchart kformula kivio koshell kpresenter \
kspread kugar kdelibs4 kdelibs-data konqueror kate kmail arts \
kappfinder kate kcontrol kdebase-bin kdebase-data kdebase-kio-plugins \
kdeprint kdesktop kfind khelpcenter kicker klipper kmenuedit \
konqueror-nsplugins konqueror konsole kpager kpersonalizer ksmserver \
ksplash ktip kwin libkonq4 kdm xfonts-konsole apt-get install xfs-xtt fftools xfonts-base