Re: LILO Problems

> > debian-rti:/# lilo
> > Warning: '/proc/partitions' does not match '/dev' directory structure.
> >     Name change: '/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc' -> '/dev/hda'
> >     The kernel was compiled with DEVFS_FS, but 'devfs=mount' was omitted
> >         as a kernel command-line boot parameter; hence, the '/dev'
> > directory structure does not reflect DEVFS_FS device names.

/dev is supposted to be worthwhile if you use usb or firewire but the old
system is just fine for any thing else.

oh, this is OT
Someone esle can help you better than I can.

Every time I think that perhaps we are an advanced race, I turn around and
read ramblings on Slashdot, and realize I was wrong.