Re: kde packages

On Wednesday 10 Sep 2003 11:09 pm, Paul Cupis wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 September 2003 22:59, Peter Nuttall <pnu@ukfsn.org>
>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I have been runnig apt-get upgrade on my sid box I have noticed
> > that some of the packages are not being upgraded. Can some one tell
> > me why?
>
> They are probably waiting for to authorise installing a new package.
> Have you tried looking at the output of:
>
>   apt-get -u dist-upgrade

<sinp>

Thanks That worked fine. Two quick questions though;

1. should you run apt-get dist-upgrade as well as apt-get upgrade?

2. what does the -u flag do? the man page is not too clear.

thanks again

pete

--
Someone esle can help you better than I can.

Every time I think that perhaps we are an advanced race, I turn around and
read ramblings on Slashdot, and realize I was wrong.