Re: Compiling kmysqladmin-0.6.2 ?

On 31.Jul 2003 - 00:57:27, Yann Forget wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> > Hmm. If you are using unstable, you should not be using the version of
> > Qt backported for Woody. I would imagine that you installed KDE3 on
> > Woody or testing and subsequently upgraded to unstable?
>
> Yes, I didn't see that these libraries where left over from backported Qt
> packages. So now I have :
>
> yann@cray:~$ dpkg -l '*qt3*' | grep ii
> ii  libqt3-compat-headers    3.1.1-9
> ii  libqt3-headers           3.1.1-9
> ii  libqt3-i18n              3.1.1-9
> ii  libqt3-mt-dev            3.1.1-9
> ii  libqt3c102               3.1.1-9
> ii  libqt3c102-mt            3.1.1-9
> ii  libqt3c102-mt-mysql      3.1.1-9
> ii  libqt3c102-mysql         3.1.1-9
> ii  qt3-dev-tools            3.1.1-9

> yann@cray:/usr/local/src/kmysqladmin-0.6.2$ ./configure
> (...)
> checking for libjpeg... -ljpeg
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.3) (headers and libraries)
> not found. Please check your installation!
> For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.

The real error is much further above the end, after the line "checking
for Qt". Most KDE-Porgrams have problems with the place where QT3 is
installed in debian. Try the --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3 option to
configure.

> What does mean "c102" ?

That is the ending of c++ programs/libs compiled with gcc-3.2 in debian.
I don't know why they did that, probably so that everyone sees the
difference at a glance. You know that the 4 version gcc-2.95, gcc-3.0,
gcc-3.1 and gcc-3.2 have an incompatible Binary Interface for C++
Programs, so it is important to have programs/libs compiled with the
same compiler.

Andreas

--
You are number 6!  Who is number one?