Re: mplayer vs. xine

> I say _thin_ wrapper, since neither use arts.  For that, you need to wrap
> mplayer with artsdsp, and take care of latency manually.

Not quite true.  Mplayer can use arts 'natively', and KMplayer,at least, has a
gui option to turn that option on.  Alternatively, you can change your
mplayer config file, and it will work no matter what front-end you use.

This all assumes that you are using an mplayer with arts support built-in.

--
"Sorry about the whole 'bomb' thing" - Bruce Rollins
D.A.Bishop