can't delete files in KDE

Hi,
I'm using KDE 3.1.90 with Konqueror 3.2.0 and have some trouble in deleting
files. I can't delete files anywhere in KDE (neither in the Konqueror nor on
desktop). Changing permissions, copying and even moving files is possible. To
remove files I need to move them to a temporary folder and delete them in the
console with a "rm" command.

Does anyone know this problem?
Some apt-get updates and apt-get upgrades didn't solve the problem.

Thanks
Jan

--
Dipl.-Ing. Jan Remmer ter Haseborg