KDE hangs while initializing peripherals

Hi,

I killed my KDE today with CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE and since then I cannot
start it again. It stops at initializing the Peripherals.

I use unstable and compiled KDE myself.

Another user can run KDE without problems. I already tried to remove
.kde, with partial success:
I can start KDE and process the first 3 pages of the assistant, but then
it hangs. After a CTRL-ALT-Backspace kill I can again start kde and the
startup looks fine, but when the Splashscreen should disappear it starts
again up to the second point initializing system services(don't know exactly)
and that stays together with the splashscreen all the time. I can use
KDE, but the splash screen is over all windows. If I logout normally and
start X with KDE again, it hangs at initializing peripherals.

I started to look at .xsession-errors and the last thing that is done,
is starting kxkb. As I did some changes to an xkb-File yesterday (after
that was 1 successful KDE start!) I recreated the original, but no
success. Here are the last lines from xsession-errors:

| DCOP: register 'kcminit-32516' -> number of clients is now 2
| kcontrol: Initializing kcm_access: init_access
| kcontrol: Initializing kcm_keyboard: init_keyboard
| kio (KLauncher): KLauncher: Got start_service_by_desktop_name('kxkb', ...)
| kdeinit: Got EXEC_NEW 'kxkb' from launcher.
| kio (KLauncher): kxkb (pid 32517) up and running.
| DCOP: register 'kxkb' -> number of clients is now 3
| kcontrol: Initializing kcm_xmlrpcd: init_xmlrpcd
| kcontrol: Initializing kcm_style: init_style
| DCOP: register 'anonymous-32517' -> number of clients is now 4
| kdeinit: Got SETENV 'GTK_RC_FILES=/etc/gtk/gtkrc:/home/andreas/.gtkrc:/home/andreas/.gtkrc-kde' from klauncher.
| kxkb: found 2 layouts
| DCOP: unregister 'anonymous-32517'
| kdeinit: PID 32517 terminated.

Does anybody have a hint on how to solve this?

Andreas

--
You will be called upon to help a friend in trouble.