Re: Packaging very large i18n material

Le Lundi 9 Juin 2003 03:46, Ben Burton a écrit :

> 2) Build 37 different koffice-i18n-lang binary packages (like kde-i18n).

I think it is the best short-term solution. The only long term solution would
be to adapt the Debian packaging system for internationalization. Packager
would create one metapackage for all the KOffice translation files packages
and something like apt-get install --translation koffice would fetch the
right translation package corresponding to my locale.

Somebody told me that something like that would be an heretical assault to
Debian Policy, but I did not really understood his argument.

I've just installed Mandrake 9.1 on a laptop and I must say that it is very
nice to have everything automatically in French when it is a pain in the neck
to get a 'French' Debian (even if it is possible).

Cheers,
Charles
--
cmiramon@kde-france.org