Re: konqueror java support fails again

On Saturday 17 May 2003 13:43, Simon Hepburn wrote:
> Did you check the other java related symlinks in /etc/alternatives? I
Checked: everything comes from j2re or j2se 1.3 debs. I enclose my
update-alternatives --display java output...

> working again, mc is a godsend for this sort of stuff.  Also, when you had
> the sun tarball installed previously did you or the install script create
> any symlinks outside of /usr/local?  Did you clean up before installing the
> blackdown .debs?
I remember the sun install script said it would install everything in
/usr/local/ so I have simply deleted the /usr/local/j2re1.4.1/. Anyway how
can I check out any other symlinks ? I am a bit discouraged: everyone but me
seems to have java working on woody:-((
--
saluti,  Mauro

On this machine no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.
java - status is auto.
 link currently points to /usr/lib/j2se/1.3/bin/java
/usr/lib/j2se/1.3/bin/java - priority 1311
 slave java.1.gz: /usr/share/man/man1/java.j2se13.1.gz
Current `best' version is /usr/lib/j2se/1.3/bin/java.