Re: KDE 3.1.2 locks system.

Please describe your graphics card and computer hardware in general. It may also be helpful to include your XFree86 config file. Has this ever happened in kde 3.1.1 ? I know that there was some trouble with nvidia graphics card and turning on the 2D acceleration that caused kde and X to lock up. This could possibly be your problem if you own nvidia stuff.
-James Horey
Sean Fraley <sfraley@rhiannonweb.com> wrote:
Ever since the apt-get upgrade that installed KDE 3.1.2, I have had my system
locking up. Mouse pointer moves around the screen, but the cursor image
remains the same and the mouse doesn't click on anything. Keyboard is
unresponsive, and the num lock key does not toggle num-lock on or off. I
can't seem to figure out the conditions that cause it quite yet, so I can't
say how to reproduce it. Has anyone had this happen to them also?