Re: libvorbis0 and libvorbis0a

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 11:59:14AM +0200, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Because of the libvorbis, you cannot use the KDE3 from download.kde.org
> anymore. The only solution I found was to finally take the one from Sid
> because nothing else worked for me.
> Be aware that it will pull some c102 tagged libs. However, everything runs
> fine here now.
> The only other possibility: drop all libvorbis0a dependent apps and take them
> from woody, together with the woody's libvorbis.
>
> After all, debian failed it's goal for testing: it was supposed to be more
> stable that sid but it isn't. Mostly, it's a mess.

I think you've utterly missed the point - the idea behind testing was
to give people an idea of what *sort* of shape stable will be in, and to
get them constantly think in a release-centric frame of mode, IIRC. It
wasn't meant to be stable-yet-current.

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone@kde.org>
KDE: Konquering a desktop near you - http://www.kde.org