Re: kde-common/admin

Ralf Nolden writes:

  Ralf> On Montag, 19. Mai 2003 12:00, Ben Burton wrote:
  >> > How exactly does it break? It worked just fine for me ... :\
  >>
  >> I think the problem is that it's a shell script, and that from
  >> many (most?) kfoo/debian/rules files it is invoked as "perl -w
  >> admin/debianrules".

  Ralf> I talked with Danny on IRC and we agreed on that I'll write a
  Ralf> HOW-TO for compiling your apps from source, maybe adding a
  Ralf> buildscript.

  Ralf> Compiling from source was the reason danny tried to use this
  Ralf> but that debianrules file would have made things much more
  Ralf> complicated and breaks more than it helps :) So, we should
  Ralf> collect some input for a README.Debian for kdelibs4-dev.

I think the build script is a good idea.  Perhaps all it should
contain is something like

#! /bin/bash
export kde_htmldir="share/doc/kde/HTML"
if ./configure --prefix=/usr/local && make && sudo make install;
        then echo "Installation succeeded.  Add /usr/local/bin to your PATH, and /usr/local to your KDEDIRS..."
        else echo "Installation failed."
fi

  Ralf> Any preferences on scenarios to cover ? with --prefix=/usr
  Ralf> and/or /usr/local ? etc. ?

If I understand the FHS correctly, that should be
"--prefix=/usr/local"..

cheers
domi

--