Re: uni-stuttgart.de kills my system

On Wednesday 14 May 2003 13:06, Wolfgang Mader wrote:
> hello,
>
> if i surf to www.uni-stuttgart.de/ueberblick/ my system allways freezes.
> Nothin gives respons. The whole kde ist frozen. I am not able to switsch
> the desktop or go to console. After a wile the internetradio stoppes
> playing. By logging in from another machine, ssh is still available I found
> out the Xfree86 eates97% of the cpu. The rest is taken by normal
> userprocesses. So I think this pages causes something which brings XFree86
> in trouble. Is this a item for a buglist and if yes which one.
> thank you
> wolfgang

I am able to surf to the url you mentioned without problems, but I had the
same problem you described several times, mostly when working with kdevelop.
Everything on my desktop freezes, but I'm still able to move the mouse, xmms
continues playing and logging in over ssh I see XFree86 grabbing as much of
the cpu as it can get.

I've got xfree86 4.2.1-6, kde 4:3.1.1-1, a self compiled cvs version of
kdevelop: 3:2.1.2-0kde2.2-1, the nvidia driver 1.0-3123, and a self compiled
kernel 2.4.20 with the preemptible patch applied.

maybe I should try a newer nvidia driver?