Re: Kmplayer not interfacing with arts

> On Friday 02 May 2003 09:25 am, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > im' workikng on this and repackagihng it so it doesnt suick it's
> > borken in soj many wasy atm but will be fixed so it's all gjood.
> >
> > bedn ow,d

Daniel, I hope you weren't working on it at the time you wrote that email!

Just thought I'd drop a line to the list that my kmplayer is working correctly
now.  Thanks to all who helped.  The  mplayer configure script auto-detects
arts and builds it in as an audio output driver.  Now mplayer -ao arts works
- I recommend putting that in /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf as the default so you
don't need the argument.  Kmplayer now works out of the box without any
hacks.

Funny... Marillat refuses to package mplayer with arts support:

" I don't intent to build mplayer (or my others unofficial packages) against
libarts1 because this library is now a multimedia (sic) library and thus
should depends on libqt. The Debian maintainer don' intent #186355 to split
this library like before... "

#186355: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=186355

Best regards,

Jim