Re: ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 04:17:42PM +0200, Wolfgang Mader wrote:
> today I updated my system (sid) and after an reboot strange things are
> happening: If I want to start noatun it tells me:
> wmader@FUCKUP:~$ noatun
> mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
> noatun: relocation error: /usr/lib/libmcop.so.1: symbol
> _ZNSt9basic_iosIcSt11char_traitsIcEE4initEPSt15basic_streambufIcS1_E, version
> GLIBCPP_3.2 not defined in file libstdc++.so.5 with link time reference
> ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
>
> and everytime i do something what touches the windowmanager (e.g. jump form
> desktop 1 to 2 or switch from programm a to programm b) it is slow de lux.
> what is going on?

libstdc++5 is broken. Downgrade to -0pre5, or wait for -0pre7, which
should hit the mirrors in about 24h.

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone@kde.org>
KDE: Konquering a desktop near you - http://www.kde.org