Re: use partial kde?

On Wednesday 30 April 2003 04:51 am, Jason Pepas wrote:
> is it possible to only use parts of kde?
>
> ie, I want the "desktop" (i want kde icons on the desktop, and when I
click a
> folder icon on the desktop I want konq to open it), but I want to use
> gnome-panel instead of kicker, etc.
>
> is there any hope for this?

Yes.  I'm a Kde user, and I know I can set file preferences so that
files are opened with something other than konq, kwrite, or whatever.

I assume similar features are available in GNome.

I would think that what you want to do is run the GNome desktop, and
find the way to set the file associations for the desired files (.html,
???) to open using konq.

Randy Kramer