Re: xfonts-konsole issues

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 04:07:17PM +0200, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> while trying to figure out why the heck I sometimes have a problem with
> konsole on some machines and not on other machines I found out the following
> issue: xfonts-* packages have a call for
>
> update-fonts-dir update-fonts-alias
>
> in their postinst/postrm
>
> so those probably need to be added to the xfonts-konsole package too in their
> respective postinst/postrm. Further, xfonts-konsole packages:
>

> /usr/share/fonts/9x15.pcf.gz
> /usr/share/fonts/console8x16.pcf.gz
> /usr/share/fonts/console8x8.pcf.gz
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/console8x8.pcf.gz
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/console8x16.pcf.gz
>
> which means that 9x15.pcf.gz is missing in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/.
>
> Also the question is why they get installed in /usr/share/fonts instead of
> /usr/share/fonts/misc.
>
> Chris, Daniel, do you know anything about that ? I would very much like to
> bring this into a usable state so people don't run into the same problems
> over and over again. A postinst/postrm scheme for processing the update-fonts
> commands can be found in the respective xfree86 packages, so it is kind of
> easy to add that to kdebase in CVS for KDE_3_1_BRANCH and HEAD.

I could believe that, yeah. Looks like:
* They need to go in /usr/share/fonts/misc, or /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc.
* postinst/postrm *DEFINITELY* needs to call update-fonts-*!

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne