Re: Prelinking Debian KDE - Big Problem ?

On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 06:48:26AM +0200, Karolina Lindqvist wrote:
> s?ndagen den 27 april 2003 03.45 skrev Nick Boyce:
> > "This article goes into detail on optimizing KDE for speed. Typically,
> > most distributions include pre-compiled binaries of KDE which are
> > optimized for an Intel i386 computer. Chances are that you're running
> > something faster than this; if so, this should help you tweak the
> > compile process to speed things up a bit."
>
> I see that the build disables libfam and enables dnotify. I have read
> somewhere that the opposite should be done for performance, but have never
> digged deeper into the issue.

Last time I tried to use FAM with a self-compile, it locked the system
solid waiting for famd to come up - it just refused to start.

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone@kde.org>
KDE: Konquering a desktop near you - http://www.kde.org