diacritics problem - accent key not working in KDE

Hi all list members !

I got a strenge problem with using diacritics in KDE. Almost everything
is working correctly - I got truetype fonts working, I can see correct
diacritics in texts, BUT the problem is in writing with diacritics.

When I switch to specific keyboard layout I can write all characters which
can be directly reached with-out the accent key. I fact the accent key
is not working only when pressed with shift so I can't write s-caron by
pressing shift+accent-key s -> thus writing capital s-caron is impossible...

The big supprise is that it's working correctly in GTK apps and also in
mozilla. Openoffice however don't react on accent key at all.

Can it be some problem with deadkeys ? (How to setup deadkeys correctly?)
I would be very graceful for any suggestions...
thankx in advance...

Paul Juhos