Re: (full-duplex) Re: KDE media players

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:45:14 +0100 (WET DST)
Joao Pedro Clemente <jpcl@rnl.ist.utl.pt> wrote:

> Are you sure about this? I was pretty confident that "full duplex"
> meant being able to send & receive simultaneously... Like speaking to
> mic and listening to onother sound...

Yes I am. Full duplex allows many things through 2 independent channels
:

- playing 2 sounds from different sources simultaneously (what we're
talking about with Magnus). Speaking in a mic and listening to another
sound is an example of this case.
- record a source and playing one at the same time (the _real_
definition of full duplex). It's necessary if you want to, for example,
record your voice while listening to a song.

--
Lucas Moulin <lucas@brebis.org>
"Why go against tradition when we can admit defeat, live in decline, be