Re: kdm restarts the x server twice and then gives up

> Have you tried to recompile the nVidia drivers? You have to do that
> every time you recompile your kernel. Have a look at

http://www.StephanWehrheim.de/computer/dell8200+debian30/dell8200+debian30.h
tml#X

I recompiled my kernel a week before the trouble started. I did what the
link desribes and it worked fine for a week. As I said I tried running the
nv driver which comes as part of the XFree86 and requires no kernel module
but that did not fix the problem.

Both startkde and kde3 do not start kde from an xterm and the default setup
of xdm does not have a select session option so I now cannot run kde
anymore!

http://mail2web.com/ .