Re: kdeprint still crashing in sid

On Friday 28 March 2003 09:01, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I tried everything I could find in this list:
> * My /etc/hosts now just contains
> 	127.0.0.1  my.host.name localhost
>   (and I tried several other combinations)
> * I removed .kde
>
> Nothing worked, kprinter always crashes.
> It connects to the cups server (I see the POST of /printers/ and
> /classes/ in the cups log file), but the kdecore component KSocket
> always crashes:
>
> kdecore (KSocket): ERROR: KExtendedSocket::connectionEvent() called but no
> data available!
>
> Are there anything else I can try? I do NOT want to reinstall KDE from
> scratch.
>
> (debian/sid, updated 28.3., 8:00CET)

updating alone doesn't help if the problem is not fixed in the debs yet. There
has been a commit from George to address the kprinter crashing which we could
incorporate by updating the packages.

Chris, are you going to update kdelibs in sid over the weekend ? then I'll
update it in my woody builds as well.

Ralf

> Best wishes
>
> Norbert

>---- Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische
> Universität Wien gpg DSA: 0x09C5B094      fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76
> A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094
>---- MEMPHIS (n.)
> The little bits of yellow fluff which get trapped in the hinge of the
> windscreen wipers after polishing the car with a new duster.
> 			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

- --
Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org