Re: Creating a private folder?`

On Thursday 20 March 2003 08:56, Sven Bergner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> >
> > On Wednesday 19 March 2003 22:08, Bob Tilley wrote:
> > > I need to create a private partition to which files can be placed.
> > >
> > > Security needs to be enforced so that password entry is required.  The
> > > partition file system needs to be encrypted.
> > >
> > > Does KDE provide any tools suitable to this need?
> >
> > qparted maybe, I haven't looked. If you find out, please let me know so I
> > can package it :-)
>
> qparted is a GUI for parted and AFAIK to use at own risk.
All free software licenses state that the usage of free software is at your
own risk (essentially) :-)

Please correct
> me if I'm wrong. But you can use parted to change the size of existing
> partions and to create a new one.
You can also use resize.xyz to resize e.g. an ext3 partition.

> After that you can use the cryptoloop kernel-module to produce a encrypted
> partition.
I think that's the way it works. More important however is if the KDE icons,
when you click on a device icon, support passphrase entering when mounting a
partition that has a passphrase lock.

Ralf

> > Ralf
> >
> > > Any ideas are most appreciated!
> > >
> > > Bob Tilley
>
> Greetings,
>   Sven
> --
> !   Sven Bergner  E-Mail: bergner@linuxtaskforce.de   !
> !            Registered Linux-User #65111             !

- --
Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org