Re: Compiling KDE apps: Still not clear...

On Tuesday 18 March 2003 00:10, Ben Burton wrote:
> > OMG, you're right! I've just copied /usr/lib/libqt.so.3.1.1 to
> > /usr/share/qt3 named as libqt.so and libqt3.so and voila - it all
> > works!
>
> The libqt.so link is provided by package libqt3-dev, which is
> different from libqt3-mt-dev (which is the Qt development package
> dragged in with kdelibs4-dev amongst other things).
>
> It might be worth making sure you have this package installed
> (instead of using this manual copying of files).

I think it would be even better not to build KDE tarballs manually.
Roughly debianizing them seems to be a lot less troublesome.

I'm using an adapted template debian/rules file (see below) with dh_make

$ dh_make --templates /home/michael/projects/packaging/dh_make_kde
$ debuild -us -uc -b

The resulting package is far from pretty and lintian complains loudly.
But, what can I say, in most cases it works surprisingly well. Also,
it's a good idea to have a current version of admin/debianrules handy
as this file is outdated in several ("third party") KDE application
tarballs.

Michael

#!/usr/bin/make -f
# Sample debian/rules that uses debhelper.
# GNU copyright 1997 to 1999 by Joey Hess.

# Uncomment this to turn on verbose mode.
#export DH_VERBOSE=1

# This is the debhelper compatibility version to use.
export DH_COMPAT=3

DH_ALWAYS_EXCLUDE=CVS

-include debian/debiandirs

debian/debiandirs: admin/debianrules
	perl -w admin/debianrules echodirs > debian/debiandirs

#DPKG_ARCH#

config.status: configure
	dh_testdir
	# Add here commands to configure the package.
	./configure --host=$(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE) --build=$(DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE)
$(configkde)

build: build-stamp

build-stamp:  config.status
	dh_testdir

	# Add here commands to compile the package.
	$(MAKE)
	#/usr/bin/docbook-to-man debian/#PACKAGE#.sgml > #PACKAGE#.1

	touch build-stamp

clean:
	dh_testdir
	dh_testroot
	rm -f build-stamp

	# Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
	-#CLEAN#

	dh_clean debian/debiandirs

debian-clean:
	dh_testdir
	-rm -f build-stamp
	if test -d CVS; then \
	  make -f admin/Makefile.common cvs-clean ;\
	fi
	-make distclean

install: build
	dh_testdir
	dh_testroot
	dh_clean -k
	dh_installdirs

	# Add here commands to install the package into debian/#PACKAGE#.
	$(MAKE) install DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/#PACKAGE#

# Build architecture-independent files here.
binary-indep: build install
# We have nothing to do by default.

# Build architecture-dependent files here.
binary-arch: build install
	dh_testdir
	dh_testroot
#	dh_installdebconf
	dh_installdocs
	dh_installmenu
	dh_undocumented #PACKAGE#.1
	dh_installchangelogs #CHANGELOGS#
	dh_link
	dh_strip
	dh_compress --exclude=.docbook --exclude=.bz2
	dh_fixperms
	dh_makeshlibs
	dh_installdeb
	dh_shlibdeps
	dh_gencontrol
	dh_md5sums
	dh_builddeb

binary: binary-indep binary-arch
.PHONY: build clean binary-indep binary-arch binary install

--
Michael Schuerig                All good people read good books
mailto:schuerig@acm.org         Now your conscience is clear