Re: KDE Usability survey

>> This is good to know. So, chown root:root /tmp/.ICE-unix directory will
>> increase system performance?
>>
>> What about removing kwrited and Klipper? Are these safe changes for
speed
>> improvements?
>
>http://dforce.sh.cvut.cz/~seli/download/tips.html
>
>Please look at Seli's page there and you'll fine some good tricks to
reduce
>KDE to the amount that it will be fast on slow machines :-)

Thanx! I'll have a look as soon as I finish building KDE-3.1 on my
Daughters machine. It's a 200MHz PentiumMMX with 196M memory. Her school is
also using KDE-3.1 on Debian via diskless terminals and she is complaining
that it takes too long to load. Debian has some greate points, but on
limited/special hardware set-ups, custom configuration and building can
yield some great improvements.

>Ralf

Cheers,

      John Gay