Re: Excessive KDE mem usage

torsdagen den 6 mars 2003 20.03 skrev Casper Gielen:
> KDE is using excesssive amounts of memory. Currently it uses over 800 mb
> after boot. Many KDE programms hover around the 80 megabytes (virtual)
> memory
Something is wrong for you. (unless you are using some very memory consuming
non-x86 architecture).
For me, each KDE applications uses something that maybe averages to 10MB.
Meaning that some use less, and some more virtual memory. I have 256MB ram,
and starting KDE goes without using any swap. The normal level for me, with a
lot of KDE applications loaded, and after some time, is around 140MB swap
used. Xfree86 in itself is a memory hog, using 50MB VM right now, kmail
second with 30MB.

Karolina