pinentry-qt (0.6.8) doesn't work

Hi,

sorry for being (potentially) stupid. I'm currently trying to get
pinentry-qt to work on my sid system.

I downloaded it (apt-get source pinentry) from Ralph's woody
repository and then built it on my system (dpkg-buildpackage) after
modifying the debian/rules file to use ./configure
--with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3

Compiling and installing this package worked fine but pinentry-qt
simply doesn't work. I just immediately get an error dialog in KMail
that I entered an invalid passphrase.

# dpkg -l pinentry-qt
ii  pinentry-qt       0.6.8-0woody1              Pinentry for GnuPG

pinentry-gtk (directly installed from Ralph's repository without
recompiling) workes fine.

What am I doing wrong? Shouldn't this be fixed in version 0.6.8??

--
-M