KDE 3.1 and ISO-8859-2 encoding

Hallo

I've installed Sid witk KDE3.1 packages. I'd like to use german
interface, but I have sometimes to read or write polish texts. In KDE2.x
I had LC_ALL=de_DE and LANG=de_DE and german language/interface in KDE
(so Í had german locales and interface) but I could change fonts
encoding to ISO-8859-2 (or other). Now it is not possible to change
encoding in fonts dialog. When I change locales to pl_PL I have
ISO-8859-2 coding, but I'd like to have german locales. Is it posiible
to change encoding in KDE3.1 like in KDE2.x?  Thanks for help
Best regards

K.Sobkowiak