Unidentified subject!

Hello,

I've installed kde3.1 from sid and all seems fine except artsd. It is configured ok and I can play wav files fine but every time I try to play an mp3 (in noatun, kaboodle...) artsd dies saying...

artsd: relocation error: /usr/lib/libarts_mpeglib-0.3.0.so.0: undefined symbol: _ZN16ArtsOutputStreamC1EPFvPvE

Also I get a lot of artsmessages saying "unix_connect: can't connect to server (unix:/tmp/mcop-me/home-72f5-3e5a8ddf)"

I installed kde from the meta packages kdebase, libs, arts, multimedia so everything is there.

Am I likely to be doing anything wrong?

Thanks.
tw
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup