Re: KDE 3.1 Still missing sound

Am Freitag, 31. Januar 2003 03:31 schrieb Ralf Nolden:
[snip]
> > Ok, I solved that one. It was a bit tricky:
> > KDE wanted to display a warning message, that the sound server could not
> > be startet with realtime scheduling priority. For the message box a file
> > named libx11globalcomm.la
> > was needed, which did not exist on my system. (And caused knotify to fail
> > in an endless loop) For KDE 3.0.5a it came with libarts1-qt, obviously,
> > but I purged that package, following Ralf Noldens README....
> >
> > For KDE 3.1 it lives in libarts1-dev. After installing that, sound works
> > well.
>
> I think I've fixed that already a week ago. You may need to update (which I
> recommend since earlier builds of kdelibs are containing security holes, so
> please update to the latest builds, the ones on ktown are identical to the
> ones on the KDE ftp mirrors)

Hm. I've upgraded from KDE 3.0.5a to KDE 3.1 on wednesday. I've used the ktown
archive.

A dist-upgrade today gieves me three packages which have nothing to to with
arts (or do they):

/--
spike:~# apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done
3 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
Need to get 1078kB of archives. After unpacking 8192B will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Get:1 http://ktown.kde.org stable/main libsdl1.2debian 1.2.4-2 [11.7kB]
Get:2 http://ftp.de.debian.org sarge/main console-data 2002.12.04dbs-5 [912kB]
Get:3 http://ktown.kde.org stable/main libsdl1.2debian-oss 1.2.4-2 [154kB]