noatun problems

After installing libarts1-audiofile, noatun still does not work for me. It
simply scrolls through songs added to its playlist without playing them. When
I start noatun in the console, I get the following feedback:

mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
unix_connect: can't connect to server
(unix:/tmp/mcop-chris/localhost-36e4-3e393839)
Launched ok, pid = 14101

Sounds like it cant connect to artsd, yet artsd is running:

14101 ?        S      0:01 /usr/bin/artsd -F 10 -S 4096 -s 60 -m artsmessage
-1

Any ideas? Thanks in advance,
cjf
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck (chris at fonnesbeck.org)
GA Coop. Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia