Video under KDE

Hi!
	I'm subscribed at the kdenlive (a video editor for kde) mailing list. They're
now facing The Problem. Transparently using video under KDE. There seem to be
no libs for loading and/or saving different video formats transparently.
Using filters or some kind of pipe to treat the video. I'm talking about
something as good as arts :-)
	This such thing doesn't seem to exist under linux (or open source at least).
Does somebody know of any attempt to start this under KDE? I've been looking
for that lately but haven't found anything :(