Re: KDE 3.1 released - And now?

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 01:59:52PM +0100, Russell Coker scrawled:
> On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:05, Roberto Franchini wrote:
> > What I understand is:
> > 1- X and qt should be rebuilded against gcc3.2
> > 2- kde could be rebuilded agaist gcc3.2
> > Am I right?
>
> Only C++ libraries (or rather libraries that have C++ entry points) need to be
> rebuilt, and of course any application that depends on those entry points.
>
> qt is one such library, as far as I am aware the core X code has no such
> libraries.  Once libqt3 and other essential C++ libraries are rebuilt then
> the introduction of KDE3.1 will be able to proceed.

libGLU is a C++ library, however this has already been transitioned. We
need Brian to transition heimdial, then Ollie (or whoever the new
maintainer is) to transition postgresql, then we can to Qt, and then
KDE. It's out of our hands right now; I personally would have liked to
see KDE 3.1 in sid right now, but there you go.

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne