Konqueror's File Association

Hi there:

I am trying to remaster a Knoppix CD. Using apt and dpkg, I removed all KDE
3.0 packages, and  installed Ralph Nolden's KDE 3.1 packages on it. After
this something wierd is happenning. When KDE's default language is set to
some specific languages like Turkish, Finish, Farsi and Czech; konqueror is
not able to open html pages. intead it opens the page in a text editor (kate
I believe) and shows it's source code.

While when KDE's default language is set to other languages like German,
English or Polish, Konqueror handles html pages correctly.

What may cause konqueror's file association to malfunction? What may force
Konqueror to open html pages in a text editor? Any ideas?

Cheers

--
"Dismiss the weak and inferior, embrace the
 Evil and Possess your Box  before the beast

Aryan