Re: Need advice for mixed Woody/Sid system

Hi,

I would like to add some more questions to this...

I'm also running a sid system, which I've installed
shortly before the whole gcc 3.2 transition began.

Since the transition started, however, I did not dare
to run an update on my system fearing that it might
end in all sorts of unmet dependencies and generally
leave my system unusable/unfixable.

So my questions would be:
How long is the transition likely to take?
Is it safe to run apt-get before everything is
converted? (Sorry if this is sort of off topic...)
Finally, I'm a bit new to this group, and I noticed
most people use Ralfs or Karolinas packages.
Any practical difference between them?

Many thanks for your help in advance!
best regards,
Balazs