Re: prelinking and KDE on debian

On Thu 16 Jan 2003 21:07, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> Since the prelink package is now into unstable, I wanted to give it a try
> (some of my friends told me that it was really good).
> I use Karolina's packages. prelink complains that some of the library are
> not made of PIC code (for example libDCOP, libqt-mt, libkdesu,
> libkdenetwork, ...)
>
> I think it would be a good thing to allow prelinking (and though building
> kde packages with pic), since it seems that it makes dynamic linking real
> fast.

I thought that object prelinking was only usefull for KDE2 series and the
older versions of GCC? I had heard that GCC2.95 and up did a much better job
than the prelink hack did and that KDE3 series would not compile with it at
all. At least that was my experience when I tried compiling KDE3.0BETA2.

Did I miss something? This oppinion was gathered from the object prelinking
site the last time I checked into it.

Cheers,

	John Gay