Re: konqueror web browser and txt files

On Sunday 19 January 2003 21:05, Nathaniel W. Turner wrote:

> You might approach this wishlist bug from the point of view of "I would
> like KWrite to page-down when spacebar is pressed in read-only mode".  I am

For whatever reason (could be it's faster) he wants to use the embedded text
viewer. I like it like that also.

> not familiar with the KWrite code, but I have a feeling that would be a
> simpler and more elegant solution (and more likely to be implemented) than
> writing a whole new kpart.  (Plus this way you would get to have syntax
> highlighting and other nice kwrite features in your "text viewer").

I don't know what you mean by kpart, but konqueror already has an embedded
text viewer. I use it. It can't scroll down when you press space. That might
be a nice thing to have so that's why we suggest a wishlist bug is filed
against it.

Personally I would hate to use KWrite for this since it is slow to start up,
especially when you keep in mind that konqueror is already running and can
display text files just fine. Also most users rarely look at source codes in
the text viewer, so having syntax highlighting is pretty useless.

Anders