Re: Kacpi error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.3) (library qt-mt) not found

On Freitag, 10. Januar 2003 16:55, suresh Sharma wrote:
> hi,
> I have a debian testing on my sony vaio laptop .
> I have acpi support in my kernel verion 2.4.20 ( ACPI patch ) .
> I was trying to install Kacpi from source but
> when I do ./configure I keep getting error
> this error .
> "checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.3)
> (library qt-mt) not found. Please check your
> installation!"

I'll build you a package in my KDE 3.1 apps repository. If you still want to
install this program yourself, you'd better create a package so you can
continue to use a clean system that only consists out of packages. Otherwise
it will be hard to make those changes reversible that you do when manually
installing the program with make; make install.

For building a KDE package, install:

apt-get install fakeroot debhelper devscripts dh-make libqt3-mt-dev
kdelibs4-dev

Then unpack the source tarball. Go into that directory and use

dh_make -t /usr/share/doc/kdelibs4-dev/dh-make -s -e your-email

Edit <package>/debian/control and changelog, then enter fakeroot
dpkg-buildpackage. If the package doesn't compile with --enable-final, remove
that from <package>/debian/debiandirs  in $configkde

Ralf

> I checked what version of libqt-mt-dev I have and it
> is 3.0.5
> I did dpkg -l | grep libqt
> ii  libqt2         2.3.2-5        Qt GUI Library
> (runtime version)
> ii  libqt2-mt      2.3.2-5        Qt GUI Library
> (runtime threaded version)
> ii  libqt3         3.0.5-3        Qt GUI Library
> (runtime files)
> ii  libqt3-dev     3.0.5-3        Qt GUI development
> files
> ii  libqt3-mt      3.0.5-3        Qt GUI Library
> (Threaded runtime version)
> ii  libqt3-mt-dev  3.0.5-3        Qt Threaded
> development files
>
> so why is it still complaining
> help !!
> I relatively new to this linux world so pls bear with
> me .
>
> thanks
> suresh

- --